"Tendergreen" Mustard Seeds - Heirloom Mustard Seeds "Spinach Mustard"
Also knows as "Spinach Mustard", "Tendergreen" is an heirloom mustard with a mild flavor that can be used just like spinach. Heat and drought resistant, "Tendergreen Mustard" seeds can be planted virtually in any zones.
When to plant:
- In the Spring, plant your mustard green seeds outside about 3 weeks before the average last frost date.
- If you are doing successive plantings to get a longer harvest, keep planting about every 3 weeks during the Spring.
- If you want a Fall harvest, plant the seeds in mid-late Summer.
- Mustard greens are a cool season crop so they don’t do well in the Summer heat.
How to plant:
- Plant your mustard green seeds in an area with full sun or partial shade for best results.
- Plant them about 6 inches apart, ¼ to ½ inch deep.
- Mustard greens need plenty of water to thrive, so keep an eye on the rainfall to ensure that the greens don’t look wilted.
When to harvest:
- Harvest your mustard greens when the leaves are tender and young.
- If you want to harvest the entire plant, cut all of the leaves.
- For a stronger, more bitter taste, allow the leaves to grow longer.