The Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap utilizes the power of potassium salts of fatty acids (insecticidal soap). The potassium salts weaken the insect's waxy protective outer shell. Apply every 5-7 days when insects are present or as needed to prevent further damage. Safer Brand's Insecticidal Soap is ideal for aphid control and mealybug control, as it will dehydrate the insect by breaking down its waxy membrane. This OMRI-listed and compliant for use in organic gardening pest control formula kills a variety of insect pests but is gentle on plants. Since Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap is a contact killer, several applications may be needed for full control. As a general rule, much like watering, do not use these products in the peak of the day or when temperatures exceed 90 Degree F to avoid wilting or browning of the leaves. Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap leaves no unpleasant odor and will not persist in the environment.
- Targets and kills aphids, earwigs, grasshoppers, harlequin bugs, leafhoppers, mealy bugs, mites, plant bugs, psyllids, sawfly larvae, soft scales, spider mites, squash bugs, blossom thrips and whiteflies
- Gentle on plants with no unpleasant odor
- Can be used up until the day of harvest
- OMRI listed and compliant for use in organic gardening
- Will not persist in the environment
- Contains potassium salts of fatty acids (2%) and seaweed extract
- This product is applicable for the following pest types: Aphids, Mealybugs, Spider Mites, Whiteflies, Harlequin Bugs, Thrips