16% Sweet Goat
Fresh, wholesome nutrition for your goat. Good, old-fashioned value for you.
This complete maintenance feed for goats is:
- A high quality sweet feed for both dairy goats and meat goats
- Extremely palatable to encourage intake and support growth of early-weaned kids
- Fortified with the vitamins and minerals goats need
- Balanced energy and protein supports lactacting does and growth
- Proper copper levels for goats to support a healthy coat, immune response and hoof health
- Includes ammonium chloride to promote a healthy urinary tract
- Feed with roughage for the entire life of the kid or to breeding and lactating does
Nutrient Level Crude Protein, minimum 17.0% NPN 1.22% Crude Fat, minimum 3.0% Crude Fiber, maximum 12.0% Calcium, minimum 0.6% Calcium, maximum 1.1% Phosphorus, minimum 0.45% Salt, minimum 1.25% Salt, maximum 1.75% Sodium, minimum 0.15% Sodium, maximum 0.2% Copper, minimum 22 ppm Copper, maximum 35 ppm Selenium, minimum 0.3 ppm Vitamin A, minimum 2,996 IU/lb
This feed is designed to be fed to starting, growing, breeding and lactating goats.
- Start kids at a rate of 1% of bodyweight per head per day (appr. 1/4 LB).
- Gradually increase to 3% of bodyweight per head per day (appr. 3/4 LB) over a period of 2 to 3 weeks.
- Feed free-choice hay to start, then reduce hay as kids come on feed.
- Feed breeding or lactating goats to maintain desired body condition.
- Offer 1 LB per 3 to 4 LB of milk produced. Feed to growing/finishing kids as the sole ration.
- Introduce gradually to newly weaned kids or those that have not been on high energy rations.
- Limited hay (1/4 to 1/2 LB per head per day) may be fed.
- Salt should be available free choice.
- Appropriate mineral may be offered to breeding and lactating goats.
- Provide plenty of fresh, clean water at all times.
- DO NOT EXCEED 50% OF TOTAL DRY MATTER INTAKE FROM THIS FEED.
CAUTION: THIS FEED CONTAINS SUPPLEMENTAL COPPER. DO NOT FEED TO SHEEP.